- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 6 1/2 ounces crimini or brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry Swiss red wine, such as Merlot
- 1 tablespoon fresh summer savory leaves or fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- salt and black pepper to taste
- freshly ground nutmeg, to taste
- Rinse chard leaves thoroughly and drain, shaking the water off.
- Cut stems from chard leaves and separate; chop stems and set aside, stack chard leaves, roll and shred and set aside.
- Heat butter in a deep saute pan; add chard stems and mushrooms and cook a couple minutes.
- Stir in the red wine and cook until it dissipates.
- Add the chard leaves to the pan, cover with a lid and allow to shrink, about 1 minute.
- Stir the chard and add the pine nuts, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, cooking and stirring several minutes until the chard is done to your liking.
Time: maybe 15 minutes or so