And don't use that- really, it has chemicals on it and is quite unhealthy. Use organic from your grocer. That is quite a different thing altogether.
- 1 bunch organic dandelion greens, thick stems removed
- 2 cups spring lettuces or mesclun
- 1/2 cup finely diced ham or pancetta
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 to 3 scallions, sliced
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried wild blueberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 ounces soft goat cheese (chevre), crumbled
- Tear greens and lettuces to a manageable size and place in salad bowl.
- Brown the ham or pancetta with the garlic and shallot just enough to render out some of the fat in the meat- the pancetta tends to have more.
- Add the browned pancetta to the bowl along with the toasted pine nuts, scallions, mushrooms, and blueberries.
- Whisk together the vinegar and maple syrup, add the oil in a slow stream.
- Season salad with salt and pepper, then gently toss with vinaigrette and top with crumbles of goat cheese.
Takes about 20 min in all if you don't poke about