- 1/4 pound finely grated Appenzeller Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Caramelize shallots in butter and allow to cool.
- Place cheese and mayonnaise in food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Stir in the shallots, black pepper, salt and nutmeg and pulse just a couple more times.
- Refrigerate to firm up and serve with crackers or crudite.
Makes about 1 cup, maybe a little more