- 2 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I used granny smiths)
- 3 tablespoons butter, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pieces white bread,toasted
- butter and cinnamon sugar (for toast)
- small drizzle honey, maybe 1-2 teaspoons
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and add the apples, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until they start to soften, but not all the way.
- While they cook, toast the bread and add butter and cinnamon sugar to the toast to make cinnamon toast.
- Cut the toast into cubes (I just used kitchen shears).
- After the five minutes are up, stir the toast cubes into the apples along with that last pat of butter and stir.
- Cook another 5 minutes, until the apples soften and start to brown just a little bit; drizzle with the honey and stir again.
Total time: 15-20 minutes or so in all.