Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
This recipe has been printed on the can of pumpkin puree for years and has become part of American culture when families make it every year for their Thanksgiving feast. Tried and true, it has withstood the test of time.
Visit the Libby's website to see all they have to offer, including more recipes.
Prep Time: 10m
Cook Time: 65m
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin (puree, Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin)
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk (Carnation evaporated milk)
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie shell (deep dish)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Stir in eggs and pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- Gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake pie at 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 350F and bake for 40-50 minutes more or until custard is set and you can slip a knife in and out cleanly.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before serving or refrigerating.
Visit my other blog for more recipes & fun!
Image copyright 2014 by Sue Lau and Palatable Pastime. All rights reserved.