Russian Tomato and Egg Salad
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Thick slices of summer-ripe tomatoes and egg on a bed of shaved cabbage and baby kale, drizzled with a tangy kefir dressing and a sprinkling of capers.
- 4 ounces shaved red cabbage
- 1 ounce shaved baby kale
- 4 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
- 1-2 large ripe beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- 1/3 cup kefir
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated/prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Toss together the cabbage and kale and arrange in a bed on a chilled salad plate.
- Top with sliced tomato and chopped egg.
- Whisk together the kefir, olive oil horseradish, salt and pepper and drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle salad with capers.
- Serve at once.
Time: 25 minutes (15 minutes for the eggs)