- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled, grated and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely minced or grated onion
- 1/3 cup shredded imported Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil (depends on pan size really)
- pinch paprika and/or fresh thyme sprig for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet (8 inches is fine, but you can use bigger with a little extra oil)
- Sprinkle the potatoes and onion into the pan in a large circle.
- Shore up the sides of the circle with a spatula, then press it flat with the spatula.
- Season t he top with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 10 minutes, undisturbed.
- Flip the pancake with an extra large pancake spatula, -or- you can put a stoneware plate in there upside down, press it down and flip the skillet over and slide it back in, but please have strong wrists and don't make a mess or burn yourself please.
- Sprinkle the browned side with the cheese and cook on low another 10 minutes.
- Slide onto a plate, sprinkle with paprika and thyme, slice and serve.