by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
The gravy is lighter in this one than you might expect from being made with beef gravy, because I use a lighter blend of stock so that the beef flavor doesn't overpower the cheese. It works for me. :)
Sorry about the bright photo- I accidentally bumped a setting on my camera without noticing.
- 24 ounces frozen krinkle-cut french fries, baked or fried as directed on package
- 10=12 ounces soft yellow cheddar cheese curds (if you must, use 10-12 ounces crumbled/cubed cheddar or colby cheese, warmed to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons A-1 steak sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare fries and place on serving plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese curds.
- Top with gravy.