A Russian style braised cabbage dish with a creamy sauce.
Braised Cabbage in Sour Cream
Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
- 1 pound shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Saute onion in olive oil until lightly browned.
- Stir in the cabbage and carrot and saute until wilted.
- Stir in the water, chicken base, dill weed, salt, black pepper and sugar.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until vegetables are tender to your liking (I like mine crisp-tender, like a stir-fry.)
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve hot.
Cook time: 10 min
Prep time: 12 min
Visit my other food blog at:
All material © Sue Lau and Palatable Pastime