by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
- 1 pound smoked beef brisket, sliced
- 8 double-thick slices sourdough bread (Texas Toast)
- butter as needed for sourdough bread
- 6 ounces chipotle cheddar cheese, sliced
- 8 slices fried green tomatoes (see recipe HERE)
- 1 large Texas Sweet onion or Vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter for onions
- BBQ sauce as desired
- Prepare fried green tomatoes and set aside (use my recipe: Fried Green Tomatoes)
- Saute the onions in the 2 tbsp, of butter.
- Build sandwiches on sourdough (buttered one side only) with slices of brisket, cheddar, fried green tomatoes and sauteed onions and grill on both sides until golden.
- Use BBQ sauce as a condiment as desired.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com