Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Texas Melt

Grilled beef brisket on sourdough with fried green tomatoes and cheddar.
Texas Melt


Texas Melt
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound smoked beef brisket, sliced
  • 8 double-thick slices sourdough bread (Texas Toast)
  • butter as needed for sourdough bread
  • 6 ounces chipotle cheddar cheese, sliced
  • 8 slices fried green tomatoes (see recipe HERE)
  • 1 large Texas Sweet onion or Vidalia onion, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter for onions
  • BBQ sauce as desired


Method:

  1. Prepare fried green tomatoes and set aside (use my recipe: Fried Green Tomatoes)
  2. Saute the onions in the 2 tbsp, of butter.
  3. Build sandwiches on sourdough (buttered one side only) with slices of brisket, cheddar, fried green tomatoes and sauteed onions and grill on both sides until golden.
  4. Use BBQ sauce as a condiment as desired.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Texas Melt





17 comments:

  1. My brother would love this! He is a Tex Mex fan. I will have to make it for him soon. He will owe me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a sandwich that my husband would love!! Sounds delicious and perfect for a warm lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may be from the south but I am not a brisket eater. This looks so delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks delicious! I believe I've had something like this before. Anything with melted cheese on bread, I'm pretty much in love with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Would be perfect for game day food with football getting ready to start back up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! That looks really good! We love brisket sandwiches around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about this looks amazing. I love fried green tomatoes and with the meat and cheese, I am sold. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby would absolutely LOVE this recipe since it combines so many of his favorite flavors. Maybe I will make some for our football parties this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing! We rarely make sandwiches at home but we've been talking about doing it more often. This might be one we have to try sooner rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this looks so mouthwatering delicious! cheese brisket? yum! I've never tried fried green tomatoes though so I am definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Born and raised in Texas, and there isn't nothing better than a smoked brisket. I've never heard of this sandwich before, but it looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks absolutely delicious, never made a texas melt before. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing on this is anything I don't like. Or my family. Sounds good for dinner tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard of a Texas melt before but never had one. They sound absolutely amazing so I'll have to try one and see! Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh! This looks and sounds delicious. I never had brisket until about 2 years ago and now I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband would love this recipe! I love Fried Green Tomatoes but they are so hard to find around here. I can find Texas Toast though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that's the way to make a melt. It's huge and looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! ~Sue