Roasting butternut squash brings out a mild caramelized flavor.
Savory Roasted Butternut Squash
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed fresh butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss together all ingredients except rosemary.
- Spread squash mixture in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet (I use nonstick foil for easy cleanup).
- Roast in a preheated over for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle squash with minced rosemary and roast another 5-10 minutes.