Quebecois Trapper's Beans
Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 ounces chopped seasoning bacon (ends and pieces)
- 1 (13.7 ounce) can Heinz beans with tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup (grade b preferred)
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 1-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Saute onions in butter until soft and caramelized.
- Stir together all the bean ingredients (including cooked onion) and pour into the buttered casserole.
- Bake uncovered for about one hour or until the consistency is as you like.