Simple fried potatoes with garlic and fresh herbs.
Pommes Persillade - Home Fries with Fresh Herbs
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
- 14 ounces diced white potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh summer savory leaves (can use fresh thyme but use 2 teaspoons)
- Fry potatoes in butter and oil mixture in a large nonstick skillet, adding garlic after about ten minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking potatoes until they are done, about 15-20 minutes total.
- Just before turning off heat, add chopped herbs and stir.