- 2 1/2 cups dashi stock
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon tamari
- 2 (3 ounces total) pieces (the way they pack them) dry ramen noodles (not the instant ones)
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 large shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot, blanched if you prefer
- 1/2 cup room temperature tofu, diced into cubes
- Whisk the miso, garlic, ginger and tamari into the dashi stock and bring to a boil.
- Cook the noodles a ccording to package directions and drain; place into soup bowls. NOTE: if you are using raw shrimp, tuck them under the noodles so they stay submerged in the broth and cook fully while you wait. If you use cooked shrimp, it doesn't really matter where you put them. But 5-10 minutes under the hot broth will cook the shrimp fine.
- Top the noodles with the rest: shrimp, scallion, mushrooms, carrot and tofu, then pour the boiling broth over all, making sure things get under the broth.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes to cool down enough to eat and let the veggies cook a little bit.
Makes 2 servings
Total time: maybe 15 minutes total