Chipotle Ketchup (aka Adobo Sauce)
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This sauce is like what is in with the canned chipotle peppers, if you should happen to need extra. It also makes a great spicy ketchup.
I show it here with oven fried, but it would also be good as ketchup for burgers or as a base for bbq sauces made from scratch.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Prep Time: 5m
Cook Time: 0m
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I used Heinz low-sugar ketchup)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (I used mesquite flavored liquid smoke)
- Stir together and serve.
You might also like:
All material © Sue Lau and Palatable Pastime